ConMet Introduces Wheel End Replacement App
June 16, 2016, Vancouver, Washington – ConMet, the leading supplier of wheel ends to the commercial vehicle market, has launched a mobile app to help customers quickly and easily find a replacement hub assembly for a heavy duty truck or trailer.
The aftermarket wheel end app is available on both iOS and Android platforms.
“There are over 10 million ConMet wheel hubs on vehicles going down the road today,” explains Larry Sanford, ConMet’s Vice President of Aftermarket. “This app enables customers to quickly identify a replacement aftermarket hub assembly equivalent to the one originally installed on the vehicle. Aftermarket hub assemblies will be carried in stock by ConMet as well as our network of stocking Dealers and Distributors so that orders can be filled in 24 to 48 hours.”
The app provides a variety of ways for the users to select the correct replacement hub. The first option is to provide the original hub assembly number. The app will immediately display the proper replacement hub part number and a link to the hub specifications. The customer can then use that number to purchase the hub from a ConMet stocking location.
If no assembly part number is available, the second option is to view a video or written instructions on how to find the assembly number on the original hub itself. The customer can then input that number to find the replacement hub.
If no hub assembly number can be found, the last option guides the user through a few simple questions that will lead the customer to the applicable hub assembly.
Aftermarket replacement hub assemblies are delivered completely assembled with the following:
- A Patented pre-adjusted bearing system that takes the guess work out of bearing adjustment
- ConMet wheel bearings which are designed and manufactured to enable wheel ends to perform better and last longer, even in extreme conditions
- ConMet “best in class” wheel seal that offers superior contaminant protection and exceptional wear resistance
- A choice of either lightweight aluminum or cost-effective iron castings
For trailer applications, the App provides an option for a low cost manually adjusted Conventional hub replacement.
Continuing with its tradition of driving innovation in the commercial vehicle industry, ConMet will be adding more tools to the Aftermarket Wheel End App in the near future:
- Aftermarket Wheel End Service Parts Finder
- Hub Replace vs. Rebuild Calculator
- Aftermarket Replacement Brake Drum Lookup
- Competitive Cross References for hubs, brake drums, hub and rotor assemblies, wheel bearings, wheel seals, etc.
ConMet, a division of Amsted Industries, is a leading global supplier of components to the commercial vehicle market. ConMet products are standard equipment on every major commercial vehicle manufactured in North America and are growing in popularity worldwide. Amsted, a 100 percent employee-owned company, is one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers.
For additional information about ConMet or its advanced line of products, visit www.conmet.com.
Senior Marketing Manager