ConMet’s Roger Maye Awarded TMC’s Silver Spark Plug
Vancouver, WA – The Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) of American Trucking Associations presented its highest honor — the Silver Spark Plug Award — to Roger Maye of Consolidated Metco during the Council’s 2010 Annual Meeting, Feb. 9-11 in Tampa, Fla.
Maye received the award for his “outstanding contributions to the improvement of equipment, maintenance, industry-related technology and management practices.”
Maye has officially been a member of TMC since 2003, but he began attending TMC meetings long before that. He initially was involved with the S.6 Chassis and Brake Systems Study Group, and then contributed to the development of RP 648: “Troubleshooting Ride Complaints.” He has been active in the Professional Technician Development Committee from its inception and has volunteered as either a skills station co-chair or chairman in all four years of the national skills competition.
The Silver Spark Plug is awarded annually to individuals who have:
- Given outstanding service to TMC
- Donated a minimum of five years of active service to TMC, including three years active service with a Study Group and/or Task Force
- Contributed new ideas, practices, or innovations in the maintenance of commercial motor vehicles, which have contributed materially to the improvement of equipment
- Demonstrated strong support of TMC by organizing, chairing, and/or participating in several sessions, or serving on meeting committees or as sergeants-at-arms or other TMC supporting activities
- Attended various Study Group meetings or Task Force meetings scheduled outside of TMC’s two yearly meetings
- Earned the respect and admiration of their peers in the trucking industry.
Since the award’s 1968 inception under the Regular Common Carrier Conference Maintenance Committee, 175 individuals have been recognized with the Silver Spark Plug Award. Both fleet representatives and members of the supplier community are eligible.
Maye joined Consolidated Metco in 1977 and has served in a variety of positions, including Quality Assurance Manager, Performance Engineer and, most recently, National Service Manager.
Consolidated Metco is a subsidiary of AMSTED Industries, one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers, specializing in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction/building, and general industrial markets. Amsted is also one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States. For additional information about ConMet or its line of products, call 800-547-9473 or visit www.conmet.com.